Chartered Wireless Communications Engineer and Researcher
PhD BSc (Hons) CEng MIET
website-2010 at tonychung dot net
- Over a decade of industrial experience with embedded and wireless technology, verified to CEng level.
- Applied research background with PhD qualification and post-doctoral research experience.
- Prototype development, with varying ratios of bespoke and COTS to meet stringent requirements.
- Management experience covering stakeholder engagement to validation and verification.
- Assurance, security research and risk assessment including blackbox and whitebox evaluation.
- Particular recent focus on 4G/5G, IoT, SDR and DSP. Further experience with bearers covering IP, GSM, LTE/5G, IEEE 802.15.4, LoRa, SigFox and Iridium (satellite) technologies.
Full Stack Experience
- Analysis and modeling using technologies such as SDR, DSP, Python, MATLAB, GNU Radio.
- System architecting and design at layers 0-4, utilising bespoke and COTS technologies.
- Experience with cryptographic security protocols and key management.
- Software development in C, C++ and Java on embedded, Android, desktop and server environments.
- Embedded experience covering schematic capture and targets including ARM Cortex and MSP430.
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux and web services (such as Java Servlets, PHP).
- Evaluation of physical layer impact on performance and security as part of Security Lancaster.
- Application of signal processing and data science to improve situational awareness.
- Testbed development and generation of datasets for machine learning (see short paper).
- Deployment and monitoring of 4G/5G and M2M systems in community infrastructure use-cases.
- Development and delivery of courses/material within both academic and workplace settings.
- PhD research (see thesis) focusing on authentication in high-security low-power networks.
- Public key cryptographic protocol design (see paper).
- Wireless distance measurement to augment cryptographic security with physics (see paper).
- Evaluation of RF ranging technologies including Nanotron and PulsON TDoA systems.
- Contribution to IoT protocol development, such as the security of IPv6 in small devices (see paper).
- Amateur radio.
- Railway control and network simulation.
- Data science, including a project investigating the ATOC fare structure.
- Legacy computing.
- Web development.
- Chung, A.,“Efficient Authentication in High Security Wireless Sensor Networks”, PhD Thesis, Lancaster University, UK, 2011.
- Chung, A., “Demo: PhyForm - A cloud SDR framework for security research supporting machine learning of wireless IoT signal data sets,” in proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks, France, 2020.
- Chung, A. and Roedig, U., “DHB-KEY: An Efficient Key Distribution Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks,” in proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless and Sensor Network Security (as part of 5th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems), USA, 2008.
- Chung, A. and Roedig, U., “On The Feasibility of a New Defense Layer for Wireless Sensor Networks using RF Ranging,” in proceedings of the IFIP Network and Sevice Security Conference, France, 2009.
- Chung, A. and Roedig, U., “Implementation and Evaluation of Distance Based Message Authentication,” in proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Workshop on Wireless and Sensor Network Security (as part of 7th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems), USA, 2010.
- Raza, S. and Duquennoy, S. and Chung, A. et al, “Securing Communication in 6LoWPAN with Compressed IPsec,” in proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems, 2011.
- Bagci, I. E. and Raza, S. and Chung, A. et al, “Combined secure storage and communication for the Internet of Things,” in proceedings of the 10th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking, 2013.
Copyright Tony Chung 2001 - 2020, unless stated on the credits page.
website-2010 (at) tonychung (dot) net
website-2010 (at) tonychung (dot) net